We have written below a brief summary to tell you why we think it is a good idea to incorporate Twitter lists into your daily tweeting life. They allow you to:
- Create a very specific list of contacts, based upon our interests and preferences.
- Keep an eye on certain accounts without having to follow them (because, for example, you would prefer not to have them on your profile).
- Separate accounts by subject, location, relationship etc. Basically, identify and pinpoint exactly who you want.
- Follow up-to-date news feeds and profiles which interest you most, without having to deal with a timeline that is just flooded with information (“infoxication” or information overload).
- Gain visibility, be influential and get an audience: all part of an online presence.
Recommended link: https://blog.bufferapp.com/twitter-lists